Wednesday, October 22, 2008

CD Review: Rain - Vol. 5: Rainism


After a two year absence from the recording studio Rain is back again with a new album and a brand new sound. Free from the control of JYP he has written his own material and changed the general flavor of his songs. From the catchy beats of Rainism he changes to slow ballads like the first single released off the album "Love Story." According to Rain it's a true story about his love life. I wasn't sure at first if I liked the new sound. After giving it a few listens, I'm addicted and I love his more mature sound. I hope that you will give his new album a try, because it's a little different from the cookie-cutter hip-pop that JYP creates, but I hope that his solo work proves that he deserves his place in the entertainment top circle. My current favorite song: Fresh Woman. :D

No comments: