Thursday, December 14, 2006

Game Review: Clubhouse Games

So, I did buy myself an early "Christmas" present and splurged on a Nintendo DS Lite. I LOVE it. I have only three games at the moment but I suspect my collection will grow. (Especially since they don't offer rentals of the small games) However, I would like to offer up my opinion of Clubhouse Games. This clever packaging of 42 different games is beyond smart. I could spend days playing this game alone and not get bored. Dare I list them all?

Old Maid, Spit, I Doubt It (B.S. for those of you who have played it in the non-childrenized version), Sevens, Memory, Pig, Blackjack, Hearts, President, Rummy, Seven Bridge, Last Card, Last Card Plus (Uno with a regular card deck), Five Card Draw, Texas Hold'em, Nap, Spades, Contract Bridge, Chinese Checkers, Dots and Boxes, (A fun game my friends and family have always played while awaiting our grease dripping food at an impossibly slow restaurant), Hasami Shogi, Turncoat, Connect Five(Go), Grid Attack (Battle ship like game), Backgammon, Chess, Shogi, Field Tactics, Ludo (the board game classic "Sorry" renamed), Soda Shake (shake that bottle till it pops), Dominoes, Koi-Koi(a Japanese game I have NO understanding of, I just muddle my way through), Word Balloon(Hangman), Bowling, Darts, Billiards, Balance, Takeover, Solitaire, Mahjong Solitaire, Escape.

As you can see, there is plenty to do in this one tiny cartridge. It also has different settings you can play the Mission Mode for unlocking different songs and icons to display when you play with multiple people (did I mention the WiFi connection capability of the DS?) The Stamp Mode comes in handy if you want to earn points and kind of work your way through all the games. You can unlock stamps to use during chat's and a few games you can't play from the beginning as well during this mode. And then there is Free Play Mode. Pretty self-explanatory, you play however and whatever you want. There are different displays for every game too. I like throwing pencils instead of darts and at a paper dart board no less. Hours and hours of wasted time await you in this spin on classic games. Enjoy!

No comments: