Thursday, March 6, 2008

Another scandal. Koda Kumi


I read about this briefly and didn't think much of it, but apparently it spiraled out of control over in Japan. Apparently Koda Kumi said something on a radio program that sparked outrage and offended lots of people she said the equivalent of "a woman's amniotic fluid goes rotten after 35." Obviously, this is her opinion, and she's entitled to it if you ask me, but she was shut out of awards shows and performances because of it and has basically gone into hiding until today when she officially and publicly apologized. She stated: "I’d like to reflect on my remarks thoroughly, looking forward to the day when I can sing in front of you again." I feel so bad for her. I think that the general public of Asian countries need to lighten up a little. No, I don't want them to be exactly like the Americans, because I think some of our celebrities are crass idiots, but they need to have respect for them and know that sometimes, even celebs have a problem making their mouth work in conjunction with their brain. I hope she'll be released from her hell soon and will be back singing for everyone in no time.

No comments: