Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Hoshi (star) Watch: Miriam Yeung



One of the main reasons I watch TV or movies is to relax, have a good time and hopefully: laugh. Miriam Yeung is a sure bet in the last respect. Every movie I have watched of hers has made me laugh out loud and I’ve enjoyed every one of them. She is actually a trained nurse and didn’t intend to be a star, but rather stumbled upon it. Those are the best kind of stars I think – the ones who didn’t look for it, but it found them anyway. Aside from her acting career, Miriam enjoys relative success as a Cantonese Pop singer. Many of her albums have sold well, and she continues to perform live. She has the ability to act in more serious roles as Bing from 2 become 1. Bing is a cancer patient, so obviously she has less silliness and more serious business to handle in the film. Whether singing, acting or just being herself, I think we could use more upbeat and genuine entertainers like Miriam.

Filmography: (and my ratings)
2 become 1 (Four and ½)
Drink, Drank, Drunk (Four and ½)
My Sweetie
3 Extremes/Dumplings
3 of a Kind (3 and 1/2)
Elixir of Love (Five)
Anna in Kung-fu Land (Three and ½)
Sound of Colors (Four)
Dragon Loaded 2003
Love Undercover II (Three and ½)
My Lucky Star (Five)
Frugal Game
Love Undercover (Five)
Dry Wood, Fierce Fire
Feel 100% II
Dummy Mommy, Without a Baby (Three)
The Group



No comments: